Planning a trip over easter or summer? Traveling with a baby is so different and after my first year as a traveller with a mini companion I have learned so much that I wish I had known before. Here is my list of 10 tips for when you are traveling with a baby.
READY, SET, BABY BREAK
1. Pack the individual outfits in separate zip lock bags. This makes it much easier to find what you need and you do not have to chase around after small socks etc.
2. Diapers!!! A suitcase full of diapers... That's not necessary, you can actually buy them in other countries (even the airport have a good selection) :) so I now bring diapers for 2 days and then buy for the remaining when I get to my destination.
3. The "100ml" rule does not apply on baby bottles, so you can actually bring a regular sized bottle of milk through security and I can't count how many times it has saved my (and all other passengers) trip. This also applies for off-the-shelf pre-mixed supplements.
4. You can bring a one piece buggy all the way to the gate! Leave it with the airline for them to place it together with check-in luggage. It's very convenient that you do not have to carry your little one all the way through the airport, just remember it has to be a "one piece" buggy.
Not all airlines will have it ready for you by the gate at destination. Sometimes you will not see the buggy before baggage claim so remember to ask the staff.
5. So far (knock on wood) I have never experienced Pippa screaming for an entire flight, my trick has been to feed her when taking off and landing. After I stopped breastfeeding I made sure to have a bottle ready before boarding the plane.
I hope you found my first 5 tips helpful. Follow our Instagram feed for the last 5 tips and much more.
Should you have other brilliant travel tips I am all ears.
I always love a good advice.